Fonds PA02 - Our Lady and St Peter Parish, Aldeburgh

Original Digital object not accessible

Identity area

Reference code

GB ARCHON 2913 PA02

Title

Our Lady and St Peter Parish, Aldeburgh

Date(s)

  • Opened April 25 1925 (Creation)
  • Archive scope 1906 to 1999 (Creation)
  • Mission 1906-1924 (Creation)

Level of description

Fonds

Extent and medium

3 Archive boxes labelled: PA02-1, PA02-2, PA02-3

Context area

Name of creator

(1924-1925)

Biographical history

Parish Priest for the Blessing & Opening of the Church on 24/25 April 1925

Archival history

RCDEA existing holdings:
XJT1 File 1. Aldeburgh
XJT2 File 6. Leiston
XNP1 Parish Correspondence Files Aldeburgh 1919-1952
XNP6 Parish Correspondence Files Leiston 1969
XNP12 East Anglian Photographs - 1.Aldeburgh – Foundation Stone; Building church; Ceremony
XEA1 1. Aldeburgh 25/10/1976 – 26/4/1999
XPD1, XPD2, XPD3 Parish Deposits - Aldeburgh & Leiston 1906 - 1994

Northampton Archive:
Accession 2019-01-12/1: Bishop Parker' papers - Aldeburgh and Leiston

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

RCDEA Archive Holdings
Diocese of Northampton Archive

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

    Script of material

      Language and script notes

      Physical characteristics and technical requirements

      Finding aids

      Allied materials area

      Existence and location of originals

      PA02-1/2/3

      Existence and location of copies

      Related units of description

      Related descriptions

      Notes area

      Note

      1923: Church boundaries: "Including on the North, the Sluice, South Bank of the River Minsmere, including Yoxford, Peasenhall, Badington. On the East, Dennington, Framlingham, Easton, Clavering Hall. On the South, north of the road to Tunstall, Orford and Orfordness with its peninsula." (Mission book)
      25 April 1925: Our Lady & St Peter, Aldeburgh, was opened by the Bishop of Northampton
      1926: Bishop approved Framlingham being handed over to Woodbridge parish (Mission book)
      6 May 1926: Our Lady & St Peter, Aldeburgh, registered for solemnising for Marriages
      10 June 1930: Leiston RC Church registered for solemnising for Marriages

      Alternative identifier(s)

      Access points

      Subject access points

      Name access points

      Genre access points

      Description control area

      Description identifier

      Institution identifier

      Level of detail

      Minimal

      Language(s)

      • English

      Script(s)

        Digital object (Master) rights area

        Digital object (Reference) rights area

        Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

        Accession area