Discussions with the Cardinal (in Denmark, with Canon McBride) suggest that the Shrine will be the National Shrine. The Shrine Council should not forget the intense efforts over the last 15 years, in which Roland Connelly should receive much credit. Given that the Ordinary of East Anglia is considered “accountable” for Walsingham Shrine, then the Bishop has directives:
- the Vicar General (Canon McBride) to be chair of the Executive Committee
- the Cardinal insists that “we get it right”: the Mass will be the Mass of Our Lady, statue of Our Lady is to go to Wembley for the Pope’s visit; Fr Birch to produce the detailed programme
- A statue of our Lady of Walsingham should be in the Chapel of Reconciliation – tapestry idea is troubling
- Anglican Administrator invited to Wembley for Ecumenical representation
- Slipper Chapel development to be completed before property initiative
- Consecration on 25 March to be low key with Shrine Council members in attendance and any others who can attend; not specifically inviting the Hierarchy.