Fonds PA02 - Our Lady and St Peter Parish, Aldeburgh

Aldeburgh, St Joseph statue Bp Parker - Leiston Foundation Stone blessing Altar, All Saints, Leiston Aldeburgh Church - completed All Saints Leiston Bp Parker - Leiston Foundation Stone blessing Bp Parker - Leiston Foundation Stone blessing Aldeburgh Altar All Saints Leiston Design for Aldeburgh Church East Anglian Guild Magazine: January 1943 No 9 Vol 12 All Saints, Leiston "The Praise of Famous Men" Alburgh Tower (scaffolding) and Nave Alburgh Tower in scaffolding Alburgh Church - Nave with Tower in scaffolding Cardinal Bernard Griffin Photographs (Aldeburgh/Leiston)
Original Digital object not accessible

Identity area

Reference code

GB ARCHON 2913 PA02

Title

Our Lady and St Peter Parish, Aldeburgh

Date(s)

  • Opened April 25 1925 (Creation)
  • Archive scope 1906 to 1999 (Creation)
  • Mission 1906-1924 (Creation)

Level of description

Fonds

Extent and medium

3 Archive boxes labelled: PA02-1, PA02-2, PA02-3

Context area

Name of creator

(1924-1925)

Biographical history

Parish Priest for the Blessing & Opening of the Church on 24/25 April 1925

Archival history

RCDEA existing holdings:
XJT1 File 1. Aldeburgh
XJT2 File 6. Leiston
XNP1 Parish Correspondence Files Aldeburgh 1919-1952
XNP6 Parish Correspondence Files Leiston 1969
XNP12 East Anglian Photographs - 1.Aldeburgh – Foundation Stone; Building church; Ceremony
XEA1 1. Aldeburgh 25/10/1976 – 26/4/1999
XPD1, XPD2, XPD3 Parish Deposits - Aldeburgh & Leiston 1906 - 1994

Northampton Archive:
Accession 2019-01-12/1: Bishop Parker' papers - Aldeburgh and Leiston

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

RCDEA Archive Holdings
Diocese of Northampton Archive

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

PA02-1/2/3

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Note

1923: Church boundaries: "Including on the North, the Sluice, South Bank of the River Minsmere, including Yoxford, Peasenhall, Badington. On the East, Dennington, Framlingham, Easton, Clavering Hall. On the South, north of the road to Tunstall, Orford and Orfordness with its peninsula." (Mission book)
25 April 1925: Our Lady & St Peter, Aldeburgh, was opened by the Bishop of Northampton
1926: Bishop approved Framlingham being handed over to Woodbridge parish (Mission book)
6 May 1926: Our Lady & St Peter, Aldeburgh, registered for solemnising for Marriages
10 June 1930: Leiston RC Church registered for solemnising for Marriages

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area