Showing 39 results

Archive Record
Print preview View:

17 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

"A Great Gothic Fane" - JE Dore personal copy (annotated)

"A Great Gothic Fane: The Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist, Norwich ; with Historical Retrospect of Catholicity in Norwich"; printed 1913; published by WT Pike & Co, Brighton; 310pp + illustrations.

This copy, as is seen on the flyleaf inscription, was owned by Mr John Edward Dore, son of Mr Thomas Dore "The Governor" who was Clerk of Works at the St John the Baptist Church construction project from 1906 until completed. Mr JE Dore's contribution was as his father's "right hand man" presumably from 1906 to 1912, during which time he looked after various construction tasks.

Mr JE Dore has added a number of ink annotations regarding individuals and aspects of the building of St John's.

Book of Mission - Aldeburgh

Contents from front:
1926-1930 – 2 pages of historical notes
1906 Statistics;
1907 Statistics, Bishop Riddell made first visitation & confirmation of 8 (23 April 1907);
1908 Statistics, Bishop Keating visitation & confirmation of 6;
1909 Statistics;
1910 Statistics; Bishop’s 2nd visitation& vows of Sister Mary of Sacred Heart
1911 Statistics; Bishop’s visitation – 15 for confirmation; two postulants receive the habit
1912 Statistics; collections
1913 Statistics; collections
1914 Statistics; collections; 42 Belgium refugees
1915 Statistics; collections; Bishop visit 25 for confirmation (19 were Belgian Children)
1916 Statistics; collections arrival of Fr Delaney, departure of Fr Coltee
1917 Statistics; collections; Bishop visit Sept 26; average military attendance at Mass 53
1918 Statistics; collections; average military attendance at Mass 56
1919 Statistics; collections
1920 Statistics; collections
1921 Statistics
1922 Statistics; collections
1923-1964 diary of events

Contents from Back (inverted): First Communion lists for 1907/1908/1909/1911/1912/1913 in manuscript

Book: The Madonna of Ipswich

Cover: "The Madonna of Ipswich" / by Stanley Smith / Foreword by the Bishop of East Anglia; Image of statue
Inside cover - Author's Note: Most people know of Lourdes and, in our own country, of Walsingham.... It is not always realised that the Suffolk county town of Ipswich was once a place of such pilgrimage. ... the history of the Shrine of Our Lady of Ipswich - Our Lady of Grace which stood in what is still called Lady Lane ... The Shine was demolished in 1538. ... But was it?"
Rest comprises: 31 chapters, Bibliography, list of Subscribers and an Index

Smith, Stanley WA (1907-1987)

Committee minute book

Minutes from CWL Woodbridge section Committee meetings. 9 December 1954 to 5 September 1974. All but one entry in manuscript. One typescript page, for the meeting held on 7 February 1974, stuck in.
Lists of officers from 1956 to 1976 at rear of book.
The final page "Useful Catering Figures: Sandwiches - one thin-sliced loaf (usually 24 slices) therefore 24 sandwiches, butter - just under 1/2 lb per loaf; 20 cups of tea from 1 pint of milk; 80 cups of tea from 1/4 lb of tea; 80 teaspoons of sugar from 1lb granulated

Committee minute book

Minutes from CWL Woodbridge section Committee meetings. 9 December 1974 to 2 September 1983. All entries in manuscript.
Lists of officers from 1980 & 1982 inside front cover; 1977 & 1978 at rear of book.

East Anglian Guild Magazine - The Magazine of the Guild of St Felix & St Edmund

The magazine was edited by Fr Thomson, a co-founder of the Guild. Originally a monthly magazine, during the war years (and to the Winter of 1948-9) it became a quarterly issue. The format comprised regular items (see contents file) of news from parishes, articles on the Catholic faith and belief, historical items, a series describing Diocesan Churches, clerical appointments, obituaries and an irregular listing of the Bishop's appointments for the month/quarter.
News from the Parishes were free form and depending on the parish may contain references to events (fetes, parties, visitations, confirmations, etc.), comments about clerical comings and goings, references to significant parishioners, births, deaths, marriages, war time restrictions and events, etc.

Thomson, John Henry Rev RD (-1968)

General Meeting minute book

Minutes from CWL Woodbridge section General meetings. Meeting #80 to Meeting #149 (24 October 1956 to 6 April 1967). All entries in manuscript except for one typescript entry for #204 (8 October 1973).

General Meeting minute book

Minutes from CWL Woodbridge section General meetings. Meeting #235 to Meeting #315 (8 July 1977 to 9 April 1987). All entries in manuscript except for one typescript entry for 11 December 1980 - loose insert which has skipped the meeting numbering sequence.
Inside front cover: contacts for Advertisements
Final 6 pages and inside cover: lists of committee members; shopping list for "Breakfast for Students carrying the Walsingham +" - 25 people, 6 tables.

Lakenham Building Fund - account book

Account book recording monies collected for Lakenham Building fund. Inside cover inscription "Hay(?) Bartrum, Swansea Road". 1st page manuscript "Lakenham Building Fund". First entry 1943 June 18 Canon H Parker £3. List of home safes & owners & amounts. Various donations,. Ends after 7 sides with total for 1951 £102/14/9 and final entry for home safe amount of 5/4.
Remaining pages blank.


Results 1 to 20 of 39