Showing 24 results

Archive Record
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

9 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Ad Clerum - Bishops' Communications to the Clergy

  • GB ARCHON 2913 ADC
  • Fonds
  • 1949 to 2002

An ‘ad clerum’ ( Latin for ‘to the clergy’) is a letter or announcement primarily addressed to ordained ministers from their Bishop.
There are regular, formal notices that the Bishop uses to inform or instruct his clergy for their awareness or action. There are also other ad hoc letters and notes about specific topics.

Clark, Alan Charles Rev DD (1919-2002)

East Anglia Bishops' Correspondence

  • GB ARCHON 2913 EABC
  • Fonds
  • 1970-03-24 - 2001-11-29

Correspondence on a wide range of subjects between the Bishops of East Anglia and other bodies / organisations

Clark, Alan Charles Rev DD (1919-2002)

Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests

  • GB ARCHON 2913 ECAP
  • Fonds
  • 1993-2001

ECAP 1 Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests I ACC
Birmingham
ECAP 2 Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests II ACC
Arundel & Brighton
Brentwood
East Anglia (+ letters & papers wrt Anglican Priests of East Anglia 1993-2001 ACC / PDS)
Clifton
Cardiff
ECAP 3 Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests III ACC
Hexham
Leeds
Lancaster
Middlesborough
Northampton
Nottingham
ECAP 4 Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests IV ACC
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Salford
Shrewsbury
Southwark
ECAP 5 Episcopal Commission Anglican Priests V ACC
Westminster
Wrexham
Final report
Letters
Lists

Clark, Alan Charles Rev DD (1919-2002)

Guild of Our Lady of Grace / Meryemana

  • GB ARCHON 2913 GLG
  • Fonds
  • 1946 - 2016-09-01
Established in 1977
Guild Officers
1978: Alice Salisbury, Chairman; Jean Johnson, Secretary
1981: Mr T Cooke, Chairman; Jean Johnson, Secretary
1984: Mr T Cooke, Chairman; Stella Sanderson, Secretary
1986: Mr T Cooke, Chairman; Mrs J Willis, Secretary
1988: Miss Myra Newell, Secretary

1992: Chairman - Dr Heley; Secretary - Miss Myra Newell; Treasurer - Canon R Christian; Publicity Officer - Miss Judy Fell

McBride, Edward Rev (1919-2011)

RCDEA Photographs

  • GB ARCHON 2913 COL03
  • Collection
  • 1942 - 2018

Various

Roman Catholic Diocese of East Anglia (RCDEA)

  • GB ARCHON 2913 DEA
  • Fonds
  • Erected 13 March 1976

The Diocese of East Anglia is a suffragan diocese within the Province of Westminster, erected on 13 March 1976 by the decree Quod Ecumenicum of Pope Paul VI, using territory taken from the Diocese of Northampton, which was created in 1850. After the Reformation, the area of East Anglia was soon placed under the care of the Vicars Apostolic of the Midland District, and later of the Eastern District, until the hierarchy was restored by Pope Blessed Pius IX.

Today, the Diocese of East Anglia incorporates the English counties of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and the city of Peterborough.

For the purposes of civil law, the Roman Catholic Diocese of East Anglia was established under a Deed of Revocation and Appointment dated 2 October 1979.

It is a registered charity (Reg. No. 278742) and is made up of 50 parishes in the counties of Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Suffolk and Norfolk. It also encompasses 24 Catholic schools and 2 inter-denominational church schools. A new primary school has received permission and is planned to be open in September 2022.

The East Anglia Roman Catholic Diocese Trustee was incorporated on 1 February 1979 and was appointed as the Custodian Trustee of the Diocese on 2 October 1979 under the terms of a Deed of Revocation and Appointment.

The objective of the Diocese is set out in its Deed of Revocation and Appointment as: "The advancement of the Roman Catholic Religion in the Diocese and for the service and support whether in the Diocese or outside the Diocese of charitable works and objects promoted by the Roman Catholic Church." This overall objective is accomplished through the network of parishes and schools throughout the Diocese, seeking to involve the community as a whole, and furthering ecumenical relationships.

Clark, Alan Charles Rev DD (1919-2002)

Taking Stock - Diocese of East Anglia

  • GB ARCHON 2913 COL02
  • Collection
  • 7 February 2020

The Taking Stock initiative, which began in 2005, aims to assess the historical and architectural importance of every Catholic church and chapel in England and Wales, categorised by diocese. The project is a partnership between the Patrimony Committee of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales, individual dioceses, and Historic England. It is part-funded by Historic England.
83 RCDEA churches have been visited and documented in the Taking Stock project.

Architectural History Practice Ltd

The Sacred Heart Parish, Southwold

  • GB ARCHON 2913 PA42
  • Fonds
  • Church Opened 22 June 1916

Sacred Heart Parish at Southwold

St Leger Mason, Henry Patrick Rev (-1940)

Results 1 to 20 of 24