Archives

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Archives

Equivalent terms

Archives

Associated terms

Archives

14 Archive Record results for Archives

14 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Archive Listings

  1. Shrine of Our Lady Walsingham - Document holdings - 1890 - 1968
  2. Shrine of Our Lady Walsingham - Photographs - 1934 - 1972

Unknown

Director's report. March 1987

Introduction - Pilgrim Hostel opened by Bp Clark (15 November 1986); programme of work now complete - many benefits deriving from it
Pilgrim Club - not successful (Mr Warwick discussions) - discontinue serving alcohol - other licensed premises available
Visits - Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro, Cardinal D Eugenio de Araujo Sales, celebrated Mass on 11 January
Executive Meeting - delay re-roofing of amenity area
Walsingham Association - Hostel fund raising committee disbanded - raised £112,000
Shrive Archives - Fr Brian Ventham, SM has been putting archives in to good order - work well advanced - researcher (Fr W McLoughlin OSM) doing a doctorate on Our Lady of Walsingham
Ecumenical Relations - Fr Roy Fellows is new administrator of Anglican Shrine
Slipper Chapel & re-siting of Blessed Sacrament (C of R) - Tabernacle resiting not finished - discussing design with Architect, Mr Brian Salter
Amenities Area - going to tender shortly
Pilgrimage Programme - Pilgrim bookings up by 2,000 - cancellations at 1,500. This year marks 100th anniversary of the Guild of Our Lady of Ransom. BBC video "A Year in Walsingham" to be shown on Good Friday

Allen, Peter Rev SM BA MTh

Duke of Norfolk Archives, Arundel Castle.

"The Duke of Norfolk's archives form one of the largest private collections in the country. Those kept at the Castle include all the family papers and the southern estate papers (Norfolk, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex and London). The northern estate papers, except title deeds, are on loan-deposit at Sheffield Record Office and Hull University Library. The collections at Arundel comprise documents from the 12th century to the 20th century."

There are many documented connections by the Duke's family with the locale of what is now the RC Diocese of East Anglia and the Diocese of Northampton.

External Archival Sources

  • GB ARCHON 2913 XAS
  • Fonds
  • undated

This is a reference list for researchers wishing to access material not held in RCDEA Archives

RCDEA Archives

Fr McCormick: gathering of notes

Unsigned/undated covering letter. Fr McCormick being aware of his mortality has pulled together notes and images about his work on the Travelling Mission. These he will send to the Archives at East Anglia and Northampton. Also, a copy for those who might remember the olden days.

McCormick, Robert L. Rev (-2015)

Fr McCormick to RCDEA Archives: Travelling Mission; altars; Museum donation

Having spoken to Fr Fears, Fr McCormack thinks that the folding altar is his 3rd version. He wonders how it came to be in the Brandon garage. At one time he gave it to Mr Eric St John-Foti who had bought a farm, restored it ("Hermitage Hall") and opened a museum there. A while later it was all sold but Fr McCormack was not contacted about this at the time.
He is known as "Mac2" as Fr McBride is also known as "Mac".

McCormick, Robert L. Rev (-2015)

Mr A Rossi to B Scrutton: Responding to an invitation to give a talk on St John the Baptist Cathedral

Barbara Scrutton had contacted Mr Rossi to ask him to give a talk on the building history of St John the Baptist.
Having been ill earlier in the year he is slowly regaining strength and would appreciate being given a little more time - say next year - to organise himself and his presentation materials. Needs to do more research on Maddermarket and Willow Lane but is frustrated by the Archives being inaccessible.

Rossi, Anthony Paul Mr (1932-2020)