Archdiocese of Birmingham (1911-)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Archdiocese of Birmingham (1911-)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1911-

History

1971: Donation for Walsingham Appeal

  1. Vicariate Apostolic of the Midlands District in 1688 and grew very slowly until large growth during the industrial revolution.
  2. Vicariate Apostolic of Central District and a new vicariate created out of the eastern district.
  3. The Diocese of Birmingham under the Archdiocese of Westminster
    28 October 1911. The Archdiocese of Birmingham

Places

1971: Archbishop's House, St Chad's Ringway, Birmingham 4

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Control area

Authority record identifier

CB191

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places