Amigo, Peter Emmanuel Rev (1864-1949)

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Amigo, Peter Emmanuel Rev (1864-1949)

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Bishop of Southwark

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925

History

1925: Mentioned in Abbot Egan's letter
Born 26 May 1864, Gibraltar; Died 1 October 1949. He studied at St Edmund's College, Ware, and St. Thomas's, Hammersmith. Ordained on 25 February 1888 - appointed assistant priest at Hammersmith from September 1892 to June 1896. He was afterwards at Ss Mary and Michael Church, Commercial Road, East London, first as assistant priest, then as rector from June 1896 to April 1901. Appointed rector of the mission at Walworth in the Archdiocese of Southwark. He was the founder of The John Fisher School in 1929. Consecrated as Bishop of Southwark by Cardinal Francis Bourne on 25 March 1904. Having received the personal title of Archbishop on 18 December 1937, he remained in control of the diocese until his death on 1 October 1949, aged 85.

Places

Gibraltar, Ware, Hammersmith, Southwark

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Priest

Note

Ordained 1888

Bishop

Note

Consecrated Bishop of Southwark by Cardinal Francis Bourne on 25 March 1904

Archbishop

Note

1937

Control area

Authority record identifier

P341

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places